Friday, May 25, 2012

Big Flower Head Band

Here is another head band for little girls. This one is best for girls a bit older than mine but I still made it for her because its just so cute, and I love big flowers on tiny heads.

I didn't make the head band part, it was bought. For the flower I used silk and its best if its a light weight silk that way the flower stands up more.

Cut out 10 flowers in this shape. (I couldn't upload a file here to print of the flower to use as a pattern but if you want one email me and i'll send you one).
 Fold it in half and in half again. Thread all the fowers onto the thread through the center.


Once they are all on turrn them in differnt directions so that it looks like a flower. My silk was a bit heavy for this flower so that's why the petals in the center don't stand up. Yet.


With a hot glue gun put some glue on the bottom of the flower and glue it to the head band. And then cut a strip of felt and glue that on in the inside of the head band.



And since my petals didn't stand on their own, I put a few dots of glue in different places to glue the petals together to help them stand up. 


And it looks so darn cute. 

And she actually likes it too. She puts it on, looks in the mirror and smiles at herself.



No comments: