Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Baby Head Band

After being very busy the past week and not being able to sew what I had started I decided to make something easy that I knew I could start and finish in the same day. And to make myself feel better that I finished something. I had a lot of material laying around that was used for curtains by my sister and she gave it all to me. I've been looking for ideas to make out of the curtains and this head band came to mind.
Originally I was going for a very big flower but it didn't turn out so big.
Want to make your own head band?

On a piece of paper cut out a flower with 5 petals (It doesn't have to be perfect) and use that as a stencil to trace on the material. I used 7 flowers but it depends on the type of material and how ruffly you want it.

Fold each flower in half twice so that you get a triangle shape. Place them on top of each other and sew the corners together in a circle. Leave one extra flower for to sew on at the end.


This is what you get-top view

That's what it looks like from the bottom


For the head band part I used 1/4in elastic and thick ribbon since I didn't have any black material. I cut my ribbon 1 3/4in think. Fold the material in half and sew along the long edge. Then turn the tube that you make right side out like I did in the Tulip Hat.

Place a safety pin in the elastic and feed it into the tube all the way through.

Sew the two ends together and hand stitch the material also it doesn't have to be perfect because it won't be seen.

Cut out a strip of material and sew the end to the bottom of the flower.

Wrap the strip around the head band the part where the elastic comes together. Sew the other end under the flower. Sew the last flower into the middle to cover up any the middle. If everything is done right no stitching should be seen.



4 comments:

Natasha G said...

Hey, this is cool idea!
And its awesome how the colors match Alina's outfit. Good job

Lyudmila said...

Would you like one Natasha? That would make a great birthday gift :)

Natasha G said...

xaxa, you funny
maybe i would like one :)
the kind i could pin in my hair :)
i hope you washed the tul' thou ;)

Anonymous said...

I love that good job