Saturday, March 17, 2012

Baby Girl Shoes/Slippers

Baby feet are just way too cute, and when they are embellished they are even cuter.

So Ashley over at makeit-loveit.com (who by the way is a phenomenal repurposer, is that even a word?) made the cutest little baby shoes from thrifted purses. YEAH purses from the THRIFT store. I fell in love with them immediately and knew I had to make some. I was debating whether or not to make a pair for myself also. Ha. So after reading her blog I ran to the thrift store, found a purse, came home and realized it will be too small, ran back to the thrift store, exchanged for a bigger one, and made my baby some shoes. Oh and yeah the thrift store accepts exchanges.

I forgot to take before pictures of the purse but I got some after shots.

Yeah theres nothing left of it. It was a New York and Co. purse,
 so now my baby has New York and Co. shoes. Hah.




Aren't they just so cute? I couldn't get pictures of my baby in them ( she wouldn't stand still) but they look darn cute especially with a skirt.


Want to know how I made them? Well Ashley has a whole tutorial here. And I purchased her Abigail shoe pattern here. Don't be scared to buy it, they are great step by step instructions and couple sizes to choose from.

So after tyring to make these shoes and getting a better understanding of how shoes are sewn I decided to make my own pattern and make slippers.


I added pom-poms around the edge for some extra fun. And there is also an elastic on the back so that they stay put on the foot.

I made my soles out of the same fabric thats on top, but I would recommend using non-slip grip material because they are a little slippery. And another thing I would do differntly is add fusible web to make them more stiff. More on what that is later for those who do not know. Or Ashley has a great explanation of it here.

If your interested in making a pair of your own and would like a pattern just send me an email. I'll recreate the pattern, its a pretty simple one.

There she is little miss cutie herself, enjoying her new warm slippers.

No comments: